Of the Eastern Michigan Writing Project
- Writing and responding to each others’ writing
- Reading and talking about current research in the teaching of writing
- Demonstrating to each other our own teaching practices
- Learning from other teacher consultants who continue their research in the field
A Day in the Life of an EMWP Institute Participant
The Application Process
The deadline for receiving your completed application is March 1, 2013.
Who Can Apply?
- Whoever teaches writing for any purpose K-16
What Will You Do?
- Write for personal and professional audiences
- Investigate questions about the teaching of writing
- Demonstrate your best practices in the teaching of writing
- Meet new colleagues, celebrate teaching, eat heartily
What Will You Gain?
- Five Graduate Credits (Tuition $2850) OR
- 150 State Clock Hours ( $20 registration fee)
- The status of teacher consultant for the National Writing Project and the Eastern Michigan Writing Project
- A new vision for the teaching of writing
How Can You Learn More?
Get on our mailing list by contacting Bill Tucker, Director