A primary mission of the EMWP is to offer high-quality, highly-practical inservice offerings to area schools. Our Teacher-Consultants will come to your school to lead inservice sessions on professional development days, during staff meetings, for voluntary groups, or for summer offerings. We offer a number of workshops series, or we can create one just to fit your needs. Single sessions are available, but we encourage schools to use a series of workshops so that teachers have the support necessary to make lasting and positive changes in their classrooms. Our professional development services are ideal for the school improvement process through NCA.
Our professional development offerings will be centered on these proven principles of the acclaimed National Writing Project’s three decades of work. Teachers who are involved with our work continually testify to the relevance, practicality, and results of our methods.
- Writing is fundamental to learning in all disciplines.
- The best teacher of teachers is another teacher.
- Exemplary writing teachers model and use writing themselves.
- Universities, schools and districts enhance their work through partnerships.
- Effective literacy programs are inclusive, reaching all teachers to reach all students.
- Excellent professional development evolves from long-term relationships and learning communities established over time.
We are especially excited about our new Partnership Initiative. In light of research and experience that suggests the limited impact of isolated, single-event in-service work, the EMWP seeks to collaborate with schools to develop multi-year partnerships and to design a sequence of support services that meet the professional learning goals of schools.
For more information:
For further information:
Professional Development Services: Sarah Lorenz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Profession Learning Plans: Sarah Lorenz - email@example.com
Professional Learning Communities: John Staunton - firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Literacy: Kim Pavlock - email@example.com
Selection Process: Bill Tucker - firstname.lastname@example.org