Selection of partner schools begins when the Eastern Michigan Writing Project Professional Development Coordinator meets with school representatives to discuss professional learning goals and the capacity of EMWP to meet those goals. After initial conversations, if both parties believe that a partnership will be beneficial, school administrators prepare a proposal to submit to EMWP.
Proposals should include (1) learning goals (2) services required (see Professional Learning Services), (3) estimated number of teachers attending, (4) scheduled month and year of services, and 5) specifications negotiated with Professional Development Coordinator, including fees.
Criteria for Selection
• Clearly identified needs and EMWP’s capacity to meet those needs
• A commitment to long-term, in-depth professional growth over multiple years*
• Scheduled professional development days that span the entire year
• Identification of teacher-leaders and a voluntary cohort of participants who are committed to the proposal’s goals.
• Commitment to recruiting and funding one or more teachers to attend EMWP’s summer Invitational Institute (five graduate credits), assuming teachers meet qualifications
• School Board approval for funding the partnership
Proposals should address the above criteria and be prepared by a teacher-leader and authorized administrator. Please include contact information on your proposal. You be will notified by email when we receive it.
Proposals Due: May 15
Partner Selection: May 28
Signed Contracts Due: June 15
Payment of 50% due November 1
Final 50% due Conclusion of each year’s cycle
* For the first year only, we will consider one-year trial partnerships.
For further information:
Professional Development Services: Sarah Lorenz - email@example.com
Profession Learning Plans: Sarah Lorenz - firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Learning Communities: John Staunton - email@example.com
Family Literacy: Kim Pavlock - firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection Process: Bill Tucker - email@example.com