Continuity for EMWP Teacher Consultants
Once you’ve completed the Invitational Summer Institute, you are an EMWP Teacher Consultant. You can continue to be involved in any way you choose. EMWP believes that ongoing support for teachers is a vital part of the Writing Project experience. We invite all teachers who have taken at least one Summer Institute to join the Continuity Program that is right for you.
- Teacher Research Group
This group provides support for teachers who wonder about their classroom practice and look for systematic ways to answer their questions.
- Summer Invitational Continuity Group
Teachers fresh out of the Invitational Institute attend five meetings in order to maintain the focus from the summer. Consult Nick Kalakailo, New Teacher Coordinator for more information.
- Writing Retreats - Held at EMU’s Parson’s Property near Traverse City, MI Cost is minimal and usually just covers food for the weekend. If you are interested and want information contact: Angela Knight or Kris Gedeon
- Reading and Writing in a Decade of Standards – This series of workshops are held on campus in Pray-Harrold and will cover reading and writing how the Common Core applies.
- Serve on the EMWP Tech Team – Contact Karen Chichester, Tech Liaison for more information.
- Contribute links to our Diigo group or post to our Facebook page. Participate in EMWP Connect, our own social network (Coming soon)
- Serve on the EMWP Advisory Board – Contact Professional Development Programs. Contact Sarah Lorenz for more information.
- Use the many resources at theNational Writing Project Site including the iAnthology, NWP Connect, and many more resources. Also consider becoming a content creator and user at NWP’s Digital Is… resource site.